A no-fuss way to instantly dress up your look is the bun. Perfect for all occasions and a trendy hair look for spring, the bun is super easy. Sleek or messy it’s also incredibly chic. Plus, it’s great for mornings when there is no time to wash my hair.
- Tease hair at the roots all over the scalp. This thickens the hair, allowing for a better hold.
- Pull hair back into a ponytail and secure with a hair tie. Look at all angles of hair and make any adjustments needed. It’s easier to do this now, before you pin the bun.
- Tease the ponytail, section by section, starting midway then work your way towards the scalp. The more you tease, the thicker the bun will be.
- Take teased hair and twist, then wrap around the base of the ponytail.
- Pin the ends in place to secure.
This style can be done sleek or messy… I can never decide which look I want and do a mix of both.
- Use a thickening spray at the roots for volume, allowing to keep a sleeker look. I really like Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray, a dry shampoo and volumizer in one… perfect for those days when I’m not washing my hair ($39). You also can tease for volume and a messier look.
- Pull hair back into a HIGH ponytail and secure with a hair tie.
- Work a serum through your ponytail to tame flyaways (Moroccan or Keratin oil both work great).
- Divide hair into two parts and tie a knot… then tie a second knot.
- Wrap the ends around the base of the ponytail and pin.
- Add a little hair serum to a comb and gently comb scalp to smooth hair / tame flyaways (you can also use your fingers, just remember to do this gently)